}

Friday 2 December 2011

Nothing much to say

Yay! I have finally decided to open this blog! :)

If you're here reading this, you probably got here via my Deviantart, where I have been uploading some photos of my miniature works for quite awhile. Since I've done so, I have been receiving questions about some of my miniatures, mostly about how I made it, stuff like that. Therefore, I have decided to create this blog so that I can blog about each new miniature that I make and the miniature making processes. From this, I hope that some of you can learn something from my miniatures and maybe share some of your ideas too! Give me feedback, scrutinize, criticize.. I really don't mind so long as they are constructive criticism. In fact, it would be really helpful to me if you do so because I know that my miniatures aren't perfect and could use some improvement!

Another thing that I will be posting on this site for you guys is tutorials! I've been wanting to make tutorials for awhile since it has been requested several times but I never actually got around to do it. I can just imagine the time and work required to make a good tutorial...*shivers* Kudos to those who have succeeded and have made brilliant miniature food tutorials! Also, as my current camera is not suitable to take macro video shots (It can never focus on something so tiny :( ), I need to get a new camera in order to film tutorials. I don't think I will be doing picture tutorials, reason being, I myself don't fancy them. I don't really know why but I get this feeling of satisfaction after watching video tutorials and I'll continue feeling happy for a really long time. It's a feeling I never get after viewing a picture tutorial. Haha I'm an oddfish indeed :B But yes although I'm personally biased towards video tutorials, if situation does not allow me to take good videos, I will attempt picture tutorials. Either way, I think making tutorials for people sounds really fun because it's like spreading love! After all, sharing is caring! :)

This post won't have any pictures unfortunately. You can explore the gallery section, which has one (...) slideshow that compiles all of the miniatures I've made so far. Don't worry! It will improve over time! Wait till I get my hands on my clay again! Just a small snippet into my personal life: I recently moved from Singapore to Toronto so while I type, my toolbox which contains all my clays and tools is trapped in a box, sitting in a vessel and sailing across the ocean. I'm just waiting, not so patiently, for my toolbox to arrive here and I'll be a happy person again. 
I have moved back to Singapore.

Till then! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment